Thursday, December 26, 2013

Conversations with a friend

The age old adage says that if we cannot do the things that we love than we should love what we do. I just had a conversation with a friend who had tried the latter all his working life. He has finally decided to give up. He told me that nowadays it is becoming harder and harder for him to love what he does. For him job satisfaction is something that he has not felt in a long time. Every working day is a challenge and a burden to bear and every weekend is something that he wished will never end. I understand him perfectly and fully supported his decision to quit his job (opting for pension) in order to pursue 'his own stuff' as he so aptly mentioned to me. I respect his courage to be true to himself and to not let 'things' dictate him anymore.

It is enlightening to have such a conversation at this time of the year. It made me realize certain things about my own 'life'. With the new year just around the corner maybe it is time for me to examine how I want to live it ....and not let 'things' dictate me anymore. Only then 2014 will bring more fulfillment and satisfaction...insyaAllah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment